22 Oct 2014

Creative DIY Diwali Decoration With Diya And Rangoli

Finally Diwali is here and for me, this festival is all about decoration. With Diwali around the corner, our imagination and creativity comes to display as we prepare and decorate our homes for the festival. Personally I feel that the best way to decorate your home is with Diyas and Rangoli.

Diya :
Diwali is not complete without lightning Diyas. So, I have painted Diyas at home and they looked beautiful. This is not the first time when I picked up the brush but I am madly in love with paints and brushes. Decorating Diya adds a different glow to the home making it more beautiful and cosy. Here's my Diyas-




Rangoli: Rangoli patterns are traditionally drawn with the fingers using flour, rice grains or coloured chalk. But now-a-days people are using Rangoli powders available in market. I have also brought them from market. You don't need to be an artist to make rangoli. Just keep a chalk with you to draw a Rangoli design and some color powder to fill in. Here's my collection of Rangoli I have drawn at my home-


Decorate your house with DIY decoration for Diwali and enjoy your creation. Wish you all a very Happy Diwali. :-)

Please leave a comment and let me know if you like my decoration.

2 comments:

Get in touch (I would love to hear from you!)